Monday, June 9, 2008

Err Apparent

I've polished the 7 pages and I'm working on the rest of the story now. And the best news of all is that I've found a better title. Art of Deception fit the first version of this story, before it grew up and became more three-dimensional. The new title fits this storyline. I'm very pleased to announce that the new title for my mystery is:

Err Apparent

According to my dictionary (American Heritage) heir apparent is defined as: an heir whose right to inheritance is indefeasible by law provided he survives his ancestor. Publishers usually change the titles that authors come up with, but I enjoy the play on words and the fact that the new title fits the plot: my main character is being punished for a mistake her father made.

I'll give the 7 pages another polish and then send it off to the contest.

6 comments:

Melanie R. Meadors said...

Hurray! Hurray! Go go go! Best of luck to you, Janelle.

CJ said...

I really like it. It's catchy and it, I think, would make most people wonder what's going on with the book. If that makes sense.

cjh

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

Thanks, CJ and Madison! This title feels more official than the other one did.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cidermaker said...

Looks like a good one!
Yep, I'm still around.
:o)

elysabeth said...

I had read the blog previously, thought I made a comment but apparently didn't. Either I had a bad connection or I was so busy when I read it, I thought I'd come back and make a comment.

Good luck with the submission. Hope you hear all good things - E :)

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

Hello Clive and Elysabeth! It's good to hear from you. Thank you for stopping by.