Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday tidings

I'm a bit late with this but the holidays aren't over yet, right? If you want to participate, copy the questions and delete my answers. It's fun!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper.
2. Real or Artificial tree? Artificial (stupid allergies)
3. When do you put up the tree? After my husband brings it in the house.
4. When do you take the tree down? I try to resist taking it down the day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love my eggnog lattes!

6. Favorite gift you received as a child? A doll that was almost as tall as I was. I don't remember her name.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's crystal and beautiful, but it's in storage this year.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids
10. What was the worst Christmas gift ever received? A stuffed reindeer that sang "Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer"
11. Christmas Cards? Love them. Used to do them every year. Now I send a New Year's letter.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It depends on the year. Once, when I was young and full of energy and enthusiasm, I started on Dec 26th. Most years, we choose a Christmas project by Thanksgiving and start making our gifts.
14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? See #10 above. Dunno who has it now, but I imagine it will find its way back to me.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My husband's breakfast quiche. Yum!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Oh Holy Night. Martina McBride's version makes me cry.

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? Home.
19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixin, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen.

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? A star that my husband made.
21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? In the morning, after Santa's been here.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I live near a major shopping mall. Getting out to do my errands is stressful between November and January.
23. Shopping...Mall or online? I detest shopping malls and the mass consumerism they represent.
24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) This year, we barely even got the tree up because all of our stuff is in storage due to the addition we're constructing. But usually we decorate inside and out.

25. Favorite Christmas cookie? Boy, it's tough to choose one. Gingerbread cookies? No; chocolate crinkles? Sorry. Too many choices.
26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? Yes, both, but couldn't get to them this year (see answer to #24).
27. Do you believe in Santa?
Duh.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yeah, I know; number 27 is really dumb. I mean, of COURSE there is a Santa. Who do you think leaves the presents? Someone told me once that Santa didn't exist, that they don't get any presents from him. I told them, well, what do you expect? He's not going to leave you anything if you don't even believe in him!!