Sunday, December 30, 2007

Productive Day

I wrote today, but not on Falling Short.

Not on a short story, either.

No, of all things, I was besieged by the voice of Rebecca, the character in the murder mystery I got all tangled up in a year and a half ago. The one, you may have heard me mention, that was going to take an act of God to untangle the plot lines. I was writing The Art of Deception when I got frustrated and switched gears last October and started writing Falling Short. Rebecca had a lot to say. Apparently, she wanted me to add to chapter one. So I did.

Now I am working on two novels at the same time.

If I seem a bit off, it's only because my brain is trying to listen to too many characters at once.

3 comments:

CJ said...

To show you how strange I am, I think it sounds like fun.

Which leads me to a question - do you think all writers are as masocistic as we are?

I'm sure you'll sort them out and give them all the time to talk that they need.

Either that or you'll need a week's rest somewhere tropical.

Good luck!

cjh

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

With any luck, I'll be going somewhere tropical in late Feb or early March for - get this - a week! Mwa-ha-ha! That's what...8 weeks away? Plenty of time for me to lose my sanity and need restoration :)

Not only do I agree with you about the masochism (sp?) but I think we writers NEED writing. It's an outlet, a stress -reliever, a way to make sense of this world. If I didn't write, what would I do with all those weird thoughts? :)

CJ said...

Why, your head would explode, of course.

Writing is definitely a pressure relief valve, at least in my brain.

Tropical in 8 weeks would be very nice. It's been snowing here for a week again. Before that, right before Christmas, we had two days of rain. It's nuts.

cjh