Monday, March 10, 2008

New faces, lots of love

February is over and I'm rather happy to see it go. 'Nuff with the sadness. March has been very good so far. Alan's memorial made for a wonderful day, one I won't likely forget. The forecast was rain but we had sunshine and fair temps. Lots of love, lots of laughter. And I am blessed with two new arrivals to the family.



First is our new dog, Frederick Von Zack the 27th Junior, otherwise known as Fred E. (Don't ask.) He's a loveable, scruffy, mixed breed 5 year old with good manners and a happy disposition. At times, I find myself thinking of Sadie when he looks at me with all that love and trust. His paw print is already indelibly etched upon all of our hearts.




The second is the birth of my new niece, Berlin Rae, brought into this world by my husband's baby brother and his wife. Berlin is TINY! 6lbs 6oz. We thought she might be born on leap day but she decided to wait until March 3rd. Mom, Dad and baby are all doing well. I'm going to meet Berlin on Tuesday and I can't wait to hold her. Um, and give my brother- and sister-in-law hugs :)





Finally, March has brought the return of Devlin, my muse. Perhaps all he wanted was a name.

4 comments:

Madison Leigh said...

WooHoo! So March has blown in in a good way for you!

Devlin...you know, I think that's the name of a Chippendales dancer about fifteen years ago... does your Devlin wear a white speedo? ;)

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

ROFL oh great! I'll have to work to get THAT picture out of my head :) You see, Devlin is the name of a guy I dated *briefly* (no pun intended - I'm not sure if he was a boxers or brief guy). The name, and personality, fit my muse very well.

elysabeth said...

I'm so glad to see that you are making a comeback as I've been worried about you. I don't know how I've missed your posting since I've been checking blogs on a regular basis. (Okay I haven't really checked my blogs like I do this week - been in a funk again).

I hope to see you online soon and to be able to chat with you some. Miss our chats. Package will be in the mail Friday - see you in the postings - E :)

CJ said...

I'm thrilled to hear that March is doing better by you. Hopefully that will continue!

Fred E. is adorable. And you'll find he may be the best medicine yet.

And Devlin? I like that and, apparently, so does he.

Berlin looks adorable. I envy you being able to cuddle a baby!

cjh