Thursday, February 28, 2008

Saying goodbye to my brother-in-law




Alan Wesley Batchelor
August 18, 1958 to February 21, 2008

Alan passed away in his home in Sultan on Thursday, February 21st. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his three adult sons Bryan, Andy (Cyndi), and Brad, his granddaughters Lily and Andrea, his mother Nina, and his sister Diana. He was preceded in death by his father Al. Family members and his many friends will remember Al for his loyalty and his laugh. During their nearly 30 year marriage, Al and Kathy lived in Bellevue, Lynnwood, and recently Sultan, making lifelong friends everywhere they went. Al worked as an automotive technician for many years and as a truck driver for the past 8 years. He was quick to help his friends with their car troubles. Al had a passion for Harleys and billiards, and he adored his granddaughters. A private memorial will be held in his honor on Saturday, March 8th.

Alan, are you riding your "Bagger" in heaven? Playing pool? We sent Yahoo and Zuni up to play with you.

We miss you.

4 comments:

Madison Leigh said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. I'll drum for him on the 8th, and help your remembrances of him reach his ear!

elysabeth said...

Sweetie,

You have had a rough year already and my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you know you are missed as well on the boards and forums and chats. I was in shock when I got your sad news. I feel for you. Hugs your way - E :)

CJ said...

Janelle -

I agree with Elysabeth. You've certainly had a rough start for the year. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family and I hope the rest of the year is better.

cjh

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

Thank you for the thoughts Madison, Elysabeth and CJ! I feel like I'm picking up the pieces and trying to remember where I left off when the news came, but darned if I don't have lots more to do before the memorial.

Madison, thank you for the drumming. It's been good to laugh and cry with my sister.