Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Guest Blogger

Today, I offer up the prose of my ten year old daughter, Hannah. Enjoy!

1998 –2008 My First Ten Years
A memoir by Hannah Roberts

There were a lot of things I couldn’t do when I was little.

When I was 5 the deep end of the pool was dark, mysterious, and scary to me.
Now I happily dive in.

When I was 6 I could only see the top of my head in the bathroom mirror.
Now I am almost as tall as my mom.

When I was 7 I couldn’t bounce a basketball without losing control.
Now I play on a basketball team called the Eagles.

When I was 8 I loved to play Barbies with my friends. Now I think Barbie dolls are kinda dumb.

When I was 9 I cried about my dog dying…. yeah I’d still do that!

Now I am 10 and I know that friendship means we stick together no matter what, my parents may not always know what they’re doing, and even if I can’t do a lot of things, I can learn how.

4 comments:

Melanie R. Meadors said...

Wow, those are some deep thought from Hannah. And guess what! The learning process never stops, not even when you're 92. Thank goodness for that! How boring would life be without learning new things!

CJ said...

Janelle -

That sounds like a very smart young lady.

Good to see you back.

cjh

Jett Madison said...

Howdy little lady, from your favorite space cowboy....

elysabeth said...

How awesome. I hadn't stopped by your blog in a while since it seemed you weren't posting as much and then come over and see you posted something from Hannah and you are changing genres and going back to your name - I miss talking to you online and seeing how the family is doing and all. Catch you soon - E :)