Friday, September 28, 2007

NaNoWriMo

Best Stressed Woman
Internet Affair
Falling Short

Whatever I end up calling it, I'm going to be calling it finished by the end of 2007. Instead of waiting for NaNo, I'm starting right now. What if we're back to working full-tilt on the home addition by November? The timing is right. I have to strike while the story is rewriting itself in my head.

Word count today: 945

My goal is to write 1,000 words per day, give or take. At that rate, it will take me 75 days to complete my novel. A writing friend of mine made that her goal, and she had sound logic. Anything over 1,000, she said, and she started wandering aimlessly away from the plot. I've had some awesome 5,000 word days. I've loved those days. I've even written a few good scenes on those days. But without the word-count desperation of NaNo, I'm free to have 5,000 word days only when the story is coming down fast and furious.

2 comments:

elysabeth said...

Cool - you did get some writing in. I'm hoping to do something before the competition tomorrow because I promised Lana but I'm sure it will come together somehow. Anyway - great job - you will get it done and then you will be ready to move on to something else. Have fun - see you in the postings - E :)

Melanie said...

Go Janelle go! Hey, well, your novel is going to be longer than 50k anyway, so just write what you can. NaNo is not meant to be anything to limit you, it's something to get you started or to motivate you. So use it in whatever way is best for you. I need to get my outline done, but if i'm done with it before november and I feel that i need to start writing, then I'll just go without waiting for NaNo. If you hold onto a story too long without writing it, you get writers' constipation!