Monday, December 8, 2008

Purple Is All That It Should Be

Oops - I missed 2 days! I forgot to factor in the weekend element. One of those days was a fun-filled family day, but I don't think it's fair to "go back" so I'll just pick up where I left off.

My 14 year old son wrote a poem for school and has graciously given me permission to post it here. It made me think and it made me smile so it's my "focus" option of the day. His assignment was to choose a color and write a poem about it. He chose my favorite color :)

The Color Purple
By Sean Roberts

The gentle blaze of a fire,
To a skier trapped in the snow.
The grace of an angel,
To a fallen soldier,
Purple rewards the patient.
Purple saves the punished.

Purple is all that it should be,
The regalia of royalty,
The symbol of patience,
The image of justice,
The emblem of hope and peace,
The pattern of prosperity,
The insignia of bliss,
The mark of a higher power
For all who have earned it,
Purple is all that it should be.

4 comments:

Melanie R. Meadors said...

Wow, that's awesome! I've never been good at writing poetry, but Sean sure seems to have the knack for it!!

CJ said...

Janelle -

That really is pretty amazing, especially when you're talking poetry and and a 14 year old.

cjh

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

I'm glad you two enjoyed it.

elysabeth said...

I agree - pretty awesome stuff. I too do not write poetry and tend to shy away from it. But I'm being challenged in the class to participate in the project and I am having to write at least three acrostic poems. My first attempt at an acrostic poem is posted on my blog at http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com. I will probably write the other two and may even venture into writing the complete list in lieu of the third project. Have to see.

Good job on something to focus on - E :)