Thursday, March 22, 2007

Publications to check out

A few publication updates from my writerly friends. I highly recommend these reads.

You can see the work of Melanie Meadors in the Spring 2007 issue of Circle Magazine. Here's the table of contents: http://www.circlesanctuary.org/circle/ Her short story is titled, "Turtle Child" and I love how she put me on that beach along with Kameko!

I just read an excellent story by Batya Deene in The Magazine of Unbelievable Stories, the self-proclaimed home of the best modern pulp fiction. Go to http://www.quill-pen.net/ (or you can find it on Amazon) and look for Batya's story titled "Little Girls" in the April 2007 issue. Don't let the 'pin-up girl' look of the back issues scare you off. Batya Deene's story is worth the read and I won't soon forget her character, Dylan Holter. I will be posting a full review of the April 2007 MUBS issue on Amazon.

I have had the privilege and the experience of writing alongside these women. They both have a unique style and genre, and I think you'll enjoy them.

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

wow thanks for the kind words. You are a true friend. Funny how we all bring something totally different to the table though. I like your phrasing of having a "refreshingly straightforward writing style" - sounds so much better than my term of simple. Thank you. See you on more of Echelon's contests - E :)