Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Thursday-Friday Blog

One of the decisions a blogger should make is how often to blog. I wish to remain consistent so Thursday-Friday it is...for now.

Joyous news to report this week: I won the Echelon Press Fast & Fanciful fiction contest! My short story "Hear the Wind Blow" will be published as an e-book on March 14, 2007. See the link below.

Curious thing about Echelon is that, although the prize is nominal, the process is priceless. As a newbie writer, one of the most important things I can learn is the publication process. The contest is worth entering for the experience.

After taking this detour into short stories, I'm ready to dig into my novel again. I started outlining Falling Short in October 2006, just five months ago. I don't know why I expected to have a completed first draft by now. It was probably residual NaNo delusions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're published! Congratulations!!

All that, and learning new things, too.

As cool as it gets!

elysabeth said...

I'm so happy for you. I know you will have many more - E :)