Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Good Day

Final word count of the day: 8528

I just had an awesome, productive writing day. I copied parts of several of Dave's scenes from the previous draft and had a blast making the changes and turning them into one chapter. It wasn't a lot of writing, but it took some creativity and I snuck in some writing when I got the characters to open up a bit more. I really like writing Dave's POV. Plus, I went back (yes, again) and made some changes to a few scenes with Heidi.

I also went for a good, long walk today, enough to be feeling it now. Homeschooling lessons with my daughter were rather fun. My son was selected as one of the 10 students in his school to be on the Lego Robotics team - something he really wanted to do. I tried a new recipe. Had dinner on the table earlier than usual. AND the family gobbled it up, evidence that it was pretty good.

All in all, a pretty darn good day. That I got one load of laundry done on top of all that other great stuff was just icing on the cake.

3 comments:

elysabeth said...

woohooo - what recipe did you try? I don't fix much any more - mostly things that can be done one pan or one bowl - either in the oven or in the microwave - lol - the complexities of my life with all the meetings and band practice and all the other stuff that is going on.

You rock - great word count - see you in the postings - E :)

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

Mexicali pork steaks. It was quick and easy.

CJ said...

Good for you, on all fronts.

cjh