Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day - what? Oh yeah. 6

The days and nights have lost distinction, one from the other. Sleep happens whenever I can't keep my eyes open. I put food in my mouth when my stomach growls. I think I took a shower yesterday. The dirty clothes are spilling out of the laundry hamper. And my family has to go to great measures to get my attention.

Yep, it's definitely NaNoWriMo.

I'm getting sick of keeping track of how many words I have for NaNo versus how many on my novel, so I'm just going to go with my overall number. Cheating? Only if winning NaNo is my goal, which it is not. Finishing the novel is my goal. And right now, I'm feeling good about the story. I had to drop the first person POV (one of my multiples) because it wasn't working with the rest. But that's okay. It led me to the multiple third, which is working very well. I left off yesterday in mid-action, which is one of the oldest tricks in the book to keep the writer motivated. Funny how those old tricks work so well. Why are there so many writing books that try to reinvent the wheel?

Though my word count is low, I am significantly pleased with the progress I've made so far. My words should begin piling up from this point, now that I have the pacing and structure I want.

Back to it. I'll post my word count at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

well, who cares what your word count says. You'll surpass the 50k mark anyway, so it doesn't matter.