Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day One

In years past, I have produced some stellar first day word counts.

Not this year.


I spent 7 hours on the telephone with various IT support techs who helped me sort out why I had no internet signal (stupid IP addresses), why my wireless print router wouldn't communicate with the new modem/router (IP addresses that don't like other IP addresses), then why my laptop wouldn't communicate with the printer router, etc (let's all cheer for Windows Vista!). It was a nightmare, and the last thing I want to do tonight is sit at my computer and write.


My "zero" for NaNo is not the 10,000 as I had hoped before I dumped coffee on my laptop and lost 800 or so words. As of 12:01 am November 1st, I had 8900 words written on Falling Short v4. So that will be my zero. The NaNo norm is to try to write at least 1667 words per day. My personal goal is 80,000 by Nov 30th, so that means I need to write 2370 per day, and if I don't write that many today, I'll have more to do tomorrow.


I'm setting the timer for 30 minutes and I'm going to write like mad.


* * * * *

Well, that did not go well at all. My word count is 369 for the evening's work. Phooey.

I have a lot of words to write tomorrow!

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

And I think it was partly my fault you did not meet your goal and you haven't felt well this week either - got that flu bug or something so that is acceptable - like I said - every little bit is helpful. You also have had a sick child this week so that makes a difference too - having to deal with IT people for 7 hours would do it for me too - I wouldn't want to write - so you have written 300 some odd words more than I have and I think I can make this alien/state story work somehow - lol

Today is another day - you will get inspired and the words will flow like they should. talk soon - E :)